Corporate Relations and Foundations Manager
Aug 28, 2019, 16:29 PM
Harpers Ferry, WV /Partial Telecommute- DC Metro region
Membership & Development
The individual is primarily responsible for managing corporate partnerships, foundation giving and national events for the benefit of the ATC Activities including but are not limited to: developing a strategic direction for corporate and foundation giving, research, proposal writing, reports, cause-related marketing opportunities and licensing agreements. She/he will be responsible for meeting corporate and foundation fundraising goals.
- Develops and implements corporate and foundation fundraising strategies and goals on a national basis, including research, face-to-face and phone conversations, contribution solicitations and follow-up communications to meet budgeted departmental revenue goals
- Achieves an annual fundraising goal for both corporate and foundation giving
- Actively seeks new funding for the ATC
- Working with other appropriate staff or vendors, helps identify cause-related marketing opportunities, licensing agreements and other corporate member programs, monitoring related contracts and compliance with ATC’s contributions policies.
- Manages vendors as needed to accomplish goals.
- Manages and maintains a portfolio of current and prospective corporate and foundation donors in CRM system, ensuring quality data, safeguarding relationships, ensuring highest level of customer service and delivery of benefits and work to maximize and increase levels of support.
- Stays current with regional and trail-wide conservation and outreach programs and funding needs.
- Manages up-to-date department budget as it relates to corporate, foundation, and event needs.
- Manages the Partner Perks program in conjunction with corporate partner relationships.
- Tracks, analyzes and creates reports on specific and overall giving categories, identifying appropriate trends and solicitation strategies using appropriate office tools and systems.
- Represents the ATC at national and regional outdoor industry trade shows and conferences when appropriate.
- Coordinates and helps draft foundation proposals, working closely with ATC staff.
- Primary responsibility for planning and executing the ATC’s major national fundraising event (currently a DC Gala), including securing sponsorships, creating and mailing invitations, soliciting recommendations for awardees and coordinating congressional involvement.
- Supervises the Development Coordinator and supports her in ATC’s Tribute Garden program.
- Supervises interns on a seasonal basis when positions are filled.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or needed
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize assignments, work concurrently on multiple tasks and track and deliver high quality end products.
- 5-7 years’ work experience and proven track record of soliciting and securing high-level corporate and/or foundation grants/donations.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues in a team environment and outside partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong competence with Microsoft Office and Constituent Relationship Management (fundraising) database applications.
- High degree of initiative, self-direction and a team player.
ATC Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
ATC encourages collaboration, flexibility, and fairness with all employees and volunteers
to enable participation and contributions to their fullest potential. We are committed to
being a diverse and inclusive organization, and recognize that diversity contributes to an
effective and successful organizational culture and mission. The ATC prohibits discrimination
in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity
and/or expression), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability, genetic
information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military
service, political affiliation, union membership, or any other status protected by the laws and
regulations in the locations where we operate.
Position Type :
Careers - Full Time