Boiling Springs A.T. Information Center
Located both on the A.T. and overlooking Children's Lake in picturesque Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania, this information center shares space with the ATC Mid-Atlantic Regional Office.
4 E 1st Street
Boiling Springs, PA 17007
Directions to MARO
8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays.
Open year-round on weekdays. Closed on weekends and federal holidays, though volunteers may be on-site during summer weekends.
(717) 258-5771 [email protected]
The Boiling Springs A.T. Information Center includes:
- An information desk where a staff member is available to answer questions about hiking the Trail, whether you’re planning a day-hike, thru-hike, or something in between.
- Trail club brochures, hand-outs, local maps, and a reference library.
- Gift shop where you can purchase guidebooks, postcards, mid-Atlantic region A.T. hiker maps, associated merchandise, and ATC memberships. White gas and denatured alcohol stove fuels are also available for a small donation.
- Front porch where the regional FAQ document, hikers' info bulletin board, and Trail register are available seven days a week.
- On summer weekends, Trail club volunteers may be available on the front porch from about 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. to provide information and assistance.
- Water faucet on south side of building (unavailable during coldest months of winter).
- Passport To Your National Parks® Cancellation Station. We provide the NPS passport stamp to record your visit to the Appalachian National Scenic Trail.
In very close proximity to the Information Center are hiker services, including post office, ATM, convenience stores, a hiker-friendly restaurant, lodging, and municipal swimming pool with showers (Memorial Day through Labor Day).
The small and very busy parking lot in front of the ATC building is restricted to daytime use; please check with staff during office hours. For long term or overnight parking at the nearby historical park, get a permit from the ATC regional office during working hours (or call ahead during office hours to make other arrangements). This parking permit, though free, is required. There is no overnight parking in the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission parking lot by the lake. Call (717) 258-5771 for more information about the parking permit.
Hiker packages should not be sent to ATC’s Boiling Springs, PA office. The Boiling Springs Post Office, right across the street, is open more regular hours (including Saturday mornings). The ATC mid-Atlantic office has only a few people, many of whom do a lot of field work, so there are times the office will be closed during the week and unable to receive new USPS, Fed-Ex and UPS packages, or unable to distribute packages to hikers. Plus, they have extremely limited space with staff members practically on top of each other already.