Web Design Intern
Harpers Ferry, WV
Marketing and Communications
Jason Wyatt, Graphic & Web Design Manager
The Appalachian Trail Conservancy’s mission is to preserve and manage the Appalachian Trail – ensuring that its vast natural beauty and priceless cultural heritage can be shared and enjoyed today, tomorrow, and for centuries to come.
Under general supervision, the Web Design Intern is responsible for strengthening and enhancing the Appalachian Trail Conservancy presence on the web. He/she will be responsible for designing, programming, and updating the ATC main website, apppalachiantrail.org, which receives over 130,000 visits per month. The Web Design Intern will use ATC’s content management system (CMS), Sitefinity, Adobe products and other tools to create and edit web pages, graphics, and digital content.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- ●Updates and maintains pages on the ATC’s main website, appalachiantrail.org
- ●Designs and programs layouts for new web sections
- ●Develops a plan to enhance sections of ATC’s website
- ●Adds metadata to all high-traffic pages, to improve search engine optimization (SEO)
- ●Adheres to brand style guide to create web banners and graphics
- ●Monitors overall site performance using Google Analytics
- ●Performs other duties as assigned
- ●Background in graphic design, web design/programming, computer science or other related disciplines
- ●Knowledge of Adobe Products, especially Photoshop and Illustrator.
- ●Basic knowledge of HTML & CSS
- ●Excellent creative, design and proofreading skills.
- ●Familiarity updating websites using a CMS
- ●Ability to work individually and self-driven projects
- ●Attention to every information and accuracy in performance
- ●Highly self-motivated individual
- ●Desire to learn and contribute
- ●Working on the computer for prolonged periods.
- ●Ability to communicate with individuals by phone, e-mail and in person.
- ●Sitting for prolonged periods.
- ●Extensive proofreading requires adequate vision and focus.
- ●Shared office environment with modest noise level
EXPLORE MORE POSITIONS
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Jason Wyatt, Graphic & Web Design Manager at [email protected]. If available, feel free to send a copy of your portfolio as well.
Web Design Intern | Appalachian Trail Conservancy
Please note a living stipend will be provided.